Thank you for placing your order with Medical Supply Depot.
We are committed to nothing short of excellence before, during, and even after you receive your merchandise from us. We realize that even though we provide only the best in medical supplies and equipment, you may occasionally find it necessary to return or exchange an item. We understand that sometimes things change. We, too, always do our best proofreading after we hit "Confirm".
Damaged and Defective items:
PLEASE NOTE that this page covers only items that the customer wants to return of his own volition. If an item arrives damaged or with a manufacturer defect or other error to which we are at fault, rest assured that we will do everything in our power to repair or replace it at no cost to you, even if it’s an item that is generally non-returnable. (Please see our Delivery Policy
page for more details.)
Conditions for Return
Most items that we sell may be returned within 30 days of delivery for a full refund, minus shipping and restocking fees (where applicable), provided you follow the instructions listed below.
All returns must meet the following conditions:
- The item must be clean (no cracks, scratches, dirty or marked tires, etc.
- The item must be unused
- The item must be in its original packaging.
In addition, the item cannot be one of the “non-eligible returns” listed below.
Items Not Eligible for Return
Due to health and hygienic regulations, we cannot accept the following items for return:
- Bathroom safety equipment (such as raised toilet seats, bath/shower transfer benches, grab bars, bathroom wheelchairs, tub bars, bath lifts, commodes, etc.)
- Oxygen tanks and regulators
- Seat cushions and backs
- Opened packages or anything that cannot be resold as New.
- Other items specifically marked as “non-returnable” in the item’s website description
In addition, we also cannot accept:
- Return requests more than 30 days after delivery
- Any item that has been modified or used
- Any item not in its original packaging
- Special orders
- E-gift certificates
- Coronavirus related items – i.e. face masks, goggles, antiseptic wipes and sanitizes. ALL SALES ON THESE ARE FINAL!
Charges and Fees
Assuming all conditions are met, we will be able to provide you with a FULL REFUND, minus shipping fees, and, on some items, restocking fees as well.
All Shipping charges are non-refundable. For orders that received “Free shipping” or if the item was advertised as “Free shipping”, our actual outbound shipping cost of the item will be withheld from your refund amount.
Return shipping costs (of sending the item back to us) are also the responsibility of the customer. (Unless the item is being returned due to our error, manufacturer defects, or damage during shipping, in which case we would send you a prepaid shipping label. See our Delivery Policy
page for more details.)
Why Shipping Fees? Even though you’re giving us back an item that we can resell, the shipping itself is a service that the carrier (UPS, FedEx, or a freight company) has performed and can never get back. Even if an item had “Free Shipping”, that didn’t mean that for your particular item (and generally, “Free shipping” is for the larger items) it cost UPS nothing in gas or manpower to get it to its destination. It means that, out of loyalty to our customers, WE covered that shipping fee. So when a customer returns an item, the amount we paid still has to get deducted.
Most of our items are exempt from restocking fees. However, several items do have a 25% restocking fee, and we have to deduct it from your refund.
The following items are subject to restocking fees:
All items manufactured by:
- American Diagnostic Corp. (ADC)
- Drive Medical
- Graham Field
- Golden Technologies
- Invacare (Invacare “equipment” only. Invacare “supplies” do not carry a restocking fee.)
- Nova Ortho-Med
- All items in the following categories:
Why Restocking Fees?
- Lift Chairs
- Patient Lifts
- Wheelchairs (Manual, Power, and Transport)
- Defibrillators (AED’s)
Like almost all online retailers, we are sometimes forced to charge a restocking fee. We ship items directly from our manufacturers and suppliers, and the address we give you to return the item is the appropriate manufacturer or supplier. These companies have to employ personnel to accept returns, inspect them to make sure all conditions are met (all the pieces are there, original packaging, no damage, no wear and tear), repair occasional minor damages caused by return shipping (if not large enough to cause them to refuse the item), replace missing hardware, packaging, and instruction manuals, and put the item back in circulation. The manufacturers charge the retailers a fee for this service, which the retailers, ourselves included, have no choice but to pass on to the customer.
- Customers must have a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number to qualify for a return. Items returned without an RMA# will not be accepted. The appropriate parties need to know it’s coming.
- For a return to be accepted, customer must request an RMA number within 30 days of delivery.
- The easiest way to request an RMA number is by completing our easy online Return Authorization Request Form. Once it’s approved, we will send you an email within 1-2 business days containing easy and precise shipping directions, including your RMA# and the appropriate return shipping address.
- Items must be returned within 14 days of your receiving your RMA number.
- We recommend that you make sure the item is packed properly and that the shipment is insured for its retail value. You should also obtain a valid tracking number. We are not responsible for items that are get lost or damaged on the way from the customer’s address to any of the return facilities.
All returns are subject to inspection. They must be in new, unused, resalable condition and contain all packaging materials, manuals, and blank warranty cards. Any item not in its original condition will be deemed unsuitable for resale and will not be accepted for a refund.
NOTE: Returns to our corporate headquarters, listed on the Contact Us
page, will not be accepted. You must ship the item to the address we give you in the email. If an item is shipped to our corporate headquarters, we will have to ship it yet again to the appropriate facility, and we will have to deduct yet another shipping charge from your refund.
To exchange an item, you must:
- Request an RMA# to return the first item (see above).
- Place a new order for the exchange.
If you’d like to get the second item quicker, you may place the order as soon as you request an RMA#.
If you would prefer a refund, it will be issued within 30 days after we have received, inspected, and approved the return. We will send your refund via the original payment method that you used to pay for the item.
Any order that the customer cancels after it has been placed, even if the customer has not received the item yet, is subject to regular return policies. Customer must accept delivery, and then contact us to set up a return, as per the instructions above. (This is because most orders begin processing almost immediately, as we can’t hang onto items in case the customer changes his mind and decides he doesn’t want it. If you’ve already placed an order, you have to assume it’s already gone out.)
Obviously, in those rare cases that the item is on backorder and actually hasn’t shipped yet, you would be able to cancel the order. But in that case, we would let you know the situation and give you that option. (See Shipping Policies
page for details.)
Medical Supply Depot
is committed to providing you with reliable, dependable service. Please contact us with any comments or questions, and we will try to address them in an efficient manner.