A first aid kit contains a variety of items that treat cuts, injuries like burns, sprains, and even common ailments. It is essential to take a first aid lesson to know how to use the items contained in the first aid kit. There are many stories about people who get injured and were not close to a first aid kit, so read on to learn how to prevent common mistakes!
Benefits of Having a First Aid Kit
Liability: Businesses are mandated by law to keep first aid supplies readily available. The first aid kit should be stocked with all the required items.
Peace of mind: To be ready, doing the right thing, and being able to give help when needed during an injury is reason enough to want a first aid kit with the entire items close by.
Being prepared with a fully stocked first aid kit reduces panic and offers essential assistance. Always check your inventory every month to make sure that the first aid kit is fully stocked and ready to use when accidents happen.
A first aid kit should include;
- An updated first aid guidebook
- A list of emergency phone numbers
- Adhesive tapes
- Diverse sizes of disposable sterile gauze pads
- Wrap bandages
- Antibiotic cream
- Antiseptic solution and wipes
- Cotton tipped swabs or cotton balls
- Safety pins in mixed sizes
- Hand sanitizers
- Painkillers like paracetamol for infants and aspirin or ibuprofen for adults. Remember to use a measuring cup when administering the painkillers to kids.
- Tweezers and scissors
- Big triangular bandage
- Sterile saline for irrigation
- Disposable CPR barriers
- Burn ointment
Additionally, make sure that you regularly check the medications in your first aid kit for expiry dates and replace any expired products. Also: never administer aspirin to children under the age of 16.
- Waterproof matches
- Insect repellents
- Medical history forms as well as medical consent forms for every family mender
- Flashlight or headlamps and extra batteries
- Small notepad and water proof-writing material
Make sure that the medications are labeled correctly and that your first aid kit is waterproofed. You can use a waterproof backpack or select a waterproof first-aid kit container. If you have a map in the package, make sure it is up to date.
Always Be Prepared
First aid kits come in various sizes and shapes. You can create your own or even buy one. Kits are also tailored for specific activities like hiking, boating, or even biking. First aid kits should be locked and put in a dry place far from the reach of children. Visit Medical Supply Depot today for high quality first aid items and kits.